This is an update that fix introduces many new enhancement and correct a few bugs.
The major release for this version of the vCube BI Excel Addin is 03.04 (03.04.01.01). Other minor additional releases related to this major release are;
- 03.04.01.03 (Limited Release)
- 03.04.01.05 (Internal Release)
- 03.04.01.06 (Limited Release)
- 03.04.01.07 (Limited Release)
- 03.04.01.10 to 20 (Internal Releases)
This section list major new features that were not available prior to this version.
- On line help; New online dynamic help that will gradually replace the existing PDF help files. New contents will be added regularly.
This section list enhancements to existing features.
- Slicer; Optimization and faster loading time for large number of slicer values.
- Design Manager – Outline; Faster loading time for hierarchy with a lot of members. Auto indexing now use gready algorithm to find the largest subset of common characters instead of displaying only one character at a time.
- vTable – Group Values; Added a refresh button option to hide repeating values in vTable columns.
- vTable – Slicer; Slicer values are now filtered automatically by the value selected above. A first slicer on the column “Country”, set to Canada, will filter the values for a second filter on the “State” field to only the province of Canada.
- vTable – Subtotals; Added a refresh button option to add subtotals for all numerical columns, grouped by all the first columns that are sorted.
- vPivot; Optimized display and data refresh.
- MetaData Manager; Brand new interface to define custom HTML documentation for all vCube elements allow admin users to create value added information about processes, data elements, and vCube Objects.
- Reference DataManager; Can now copy/paste ranges of values, or clone records, like in Excel.
- Reference DataManager; Lookup edit can now display and filter multi-columns large number of records.
- Execute; Stored Procedure are now executed in a background thread.
This section list the bugs corrected. Bugs are categorized by severity (COSMETIC; Issue is only visual, or does not degrade any functionality. MINOR; Rarely used functionality or potentially impacting just a few users. MAJOR; Commonly used functionality that impact most users. CRITICAL; Software is not usable and all users are impacted.),
- Writeback Manager ; User could not clone a scenario when there was audit columns in the transaction tables. (MAJOR)
- Template Manager; Template Manager filter options were not saved by user, all users shared the same settings. (MINOR)
- Templates ; Suppress zero and suppress missing values refresh options were not saved in templates. (MINOR)
- vTable; Could not generate requests using both cross tab and count(distinct XXX). (MINOR)
- vTable; Now support Excel filters on columns (this was previously generating an error). (MINOR)
- Design Manager – Outline; Sometimes displayed odd alignment. (COSMETIC)