This is a major update that introduces a brand-new feature plus many enhancements, and is the first to provide version information to end users.
This section list major new features that were not available prior to this version.
- CNote; This new features make it possible to document reports numbers by adding a vCube note to a specific combination of members. A CNote is not just an Excel cell comment attached to a specific cell in a specific workbook. It’s a note that is stored to a specific member combinations in our vCube server and can be viewed in any reports that display the same member combinations, regardless of where in the worksheet the number appears. vCube Notes can be managed by right clicking on a cell in the data area of a vCube (not containing a formula), can be viewed by when the vCube Notes button is toggled, and will also be displayed in the Metadata Browser when clicking on a vCube.
This section list enhancements to existing features.
- vCube Ribbon; The vCube ribbon has been modified to better regroup existing and new features in a more logical way.
- Reference Data Manager; Upgraded Create Update Delete Audit fields for tracking changes on data. This enables to quickly setup audit behaviors for reference data tables that capture who and when a given record was created, updated or deleted.
- Reference Data Manager; By default, all string data elements that are less than 255 characters in length now have dynamic drop down that displays available values. This enables end-users to quickly select an existing value, reducing the risk of potential data entry errors.
- Reference Data Manager; There is now a statusbar that indicate the status of update delete or insert operation. This gives end-users visual cues of what happens to a record.
- Help; Added version update information (this document) which highlight what’s new.
- Custom Groups; New Custom Group table is now centralized while maintaining backward compatibility for older setups. This is a backend feature that simplify vCube setup.
- SQL Expressions; Designers can now use sql subquery like this “(select AA from A1 where A1.a1=maintable.a1)” in measures and calculated fields. This enables vCube designers to add complex calculation to existing vTables and vCubes.
- Metadata Explorer; vCube Internal Object Ids are now displayed, and making it possible to uniquely identify them.
- Metadata Explorer; Multiline SQL measure and filters are now correctly formated by replacing \n\r by <br>.
- vTable; End users can now use expressions like >, >=, <, <=, <> in a crosstab data element, and are not restricted to a single value anymore. This enables end-users to build complex crosstab vTable reports using a familiar syntax.
- Windows Registry User Settings; Connection parameters are now encrypted in the Windows Registry. Non encrypted connection parameters still supported for backward compatibility but will be encrypted as soon as a new connection is added, or an existing connection is modified.
- Login Dialog; Supports AzureAD authentication to better secure access to sensitive data. This is a key feature in our Azure based deployment.
- Login Dialog; Supports encrypted password. User will no longer be able to connect to the vCube Repository database using
- Login Dialog; Now test if the database contains a valid vCube Repository and displays a better error message, instead of the “Cannot connect” one.
- Reference Data Manager; If a primary key vTableElement in a reference vTableGroup (not in the MAIN vTableGroup) was not selected, then the drop down editor did not show up. The correct editor now show up as expected.
- Custom Group Slicers; Clicking on a parent member did not display its children. This bug was introduced in version 03.02.01.01. Clicking on a parent member now displays the level members as before.
- Custom Group Slicers; Clicking on the drill down section of the last virtual member in a custom group hierarchy displayed all the members in the level, instead of just showing the clicked virtual member children members. It is now working as expected.
- Database procedures; Database procedures could only be located in the dbo schema. They can now be located in any schema.
- Design Panel; Folders used for grouping measures were not displayed at all. They are now displayed correctly in the Design Panel vCube Outline.
- Templates; The update button of the Templates ribbon group was not active for a vSheet based on a template, even if the user is the owner of the template. It is now working as expected and is enabled when the vSheet is based on a template and the user is the owner of the template.
- Members Sorting; Members with more than two levels were not sorted according to the specified sort field and used alphanumerical sorting instead. It is now working as expected.
- Drill to Data; User defined drill down sets that defined a restriction on a measure did not work when accessed with the right click menu on a data cell. They are now working as expected.
- Meta Data Browser; Clicking on a vCube warning or error in the Design Panel vCube Outline caused an error. The information about the vCube Error or Warning is now displayed correctly in the Meta Data Browser Panel.